Thursday, February 17, 2011

Angelo Dimitri

 My name is Angelo Dimitri I'm 12 years old and I came to U.S when I was 6 years old with my father. My father name was Jane Dimitri and his job was as a constructor. We come to U.S without our family because they couldn't enter on the boat. My dad hope to see them again (if they are alive) and to get all of us back together as a family.

 My life on this country was not the grater one, I could not go to school because my father doesn't have enough money to buy any notebook or books for the school. My routine for every day was to prepare breakfast for my dad, work on a shop and go to church. My dad and I go to the church every day because my dad says that if pray to God He would gave us the opportunity to see our family again.

 Sometimes my dad comes to the house and I could see his arms with scratches and all over the, I think is for the hard work he do on his job. I'm worried because I didn't know what was going with my that, so one day I persecuted him to his job: and I saw something that will be on my mind every day of my life. He was doing his job and I don't know way, but he was smashing with the hammer so hard and crying. In that time I realize that my dad missed my Mom and my brothers very bad.

 One day when I was preparing the breakfast, before he sat down on the chair, I put a small sox on the table right behind the plate.  When he saw the sox, he grab it and opened it; it have 20 dollars. With that money he could send it to Italy and my mother and brothers could get on a ship to U.S. His tears were of joy and when he asked how I get it I tell him that it was on the job. He send the money and after 6 years later we see our family again. We were not economically good but the money doesn't matter if we have what we pray to God every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment